Porto Cervo, Italy. 27th June 2010. Racing in the third leg of the Audi Melges 32 Sailing Series did not take place today due to the lack of breeze off Porto Cervo, Sardinia. The event therefore closes with yesterday’s classification: Filippo Pacinotti’s Brontolo(ITA) in first place, Luca Lalli’s B Lin Sailing.com (ITA) in second and Edoardo Lupi’s Torpyone (ITA) in third.
The regatta, organized by the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda from 25th to 27th June, also included a race disputed to decide the winner of the Audi Invitational 2010 where B Lin Sailing.com claimed victory ahead of Holland’s Roark, owned by Kees Kaan with Edoardo Pavesio’s Fra Martina in third place.
The overall classification in the series with the combined points from the first two legs held in Lerici and Scarlino and the Porto Cervo regatta, is now led by B Lin Sailing.com ahead of Fantasticaaa, owned by Lanfranco Cirillo and Brontolo.
The Yacht Club Costa Smeralda’s sporting calendar continues from tomorrow, 28th June, until 3rd July with the Audi Sardinia Cup, the ISAF Offshore Team World Championship. Teams will be composed of a Farr 40 and a Melges 32 and many of the owners and crews competing in the Audi Invitational Melges 32 will remain in Porto Cervo for the championship.
2010 Audi Melges 32 Sailing Series – Event 3
Melges 32 – Summary Results – as of 06/26/10 at 14:47
Place, Boat Name, Helmsman, Owner, Nation, R1-R2-Points
1. BRONTOLO Filippo Pacinotti, ITA,3,2, 5.00
2. B LIN SAILING.COM Luca Lalli, ITA,2,3, 5.00
3. TORPYONE Edoardo Lupi, ITA,1,8, 9.00
4. MASCALZONE LATINO Vincenzo Onorato, ITA,4,7, 11.00
5. FANTASTICA Lanfranco Cirillo, ITA,11,1, 12.00
6. RUSH DILETTA Mauro Mocchegiani, ITA,8,4, 12.00
7. HIGHLIFE Peter Rogers, GBR,6,6, 12.00
8. OPUS ONE Wolfgang Stolz, GER,12,5, 17.00
9. CALVI NETWORK Carlo Alberini, ITA,5,13, 18.00
10. ROARK K. Kaan, NED,9,12, 21.00
11. BLACK MAMBA Martin Knetig, CZE,7,16, 23.00
12. JANAS Roberto Pardini, ITA,13,10, 23.00
13. FRA MARTINA Edoardo Pavesio, ITA,15,9, 24.00
14. CUERVO Y SOBRINOS Cesare Curnis, ITA,10,14, 24.00
15. F.LLI GIACOMEL AUDI TEAM Action Team a.p.d., MON,14,11, 25.00
16. INOVA Carlo Pesenti, ITA,16,15, 31.00